Our mission at Cavnue is to build the world’s most advanced roads, that are safer, offer greater throughput, improve access to affordable and high-quality public transit and shared mobility, and enable more efficient movement of goods. You will be responsible for the sensors and sensor architecture for our roadside infrastructure. You will work closely with civil engineers to understand how roadways are built and function, and where sensor packages can be deployed. You are conversant in hardware and software and perception algorithms. You will co-design the sensor architecture with our software and perception teams that will enable us to stand up a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you like all things sensing, deploying systems in the real world, and multi-disciplinary collaboration, we want you to come join our team.
- Be the technical lead for sensing for all of our hardware. Deeply understand the applicability and limitations of all sensors for our problems, in close collaboration with our perception team
- Bring up and evaluate all sensors.
- Participate in system architecture definition and design execution
- Design camera systems to meet our sensing needs.
- Design other sensor systems to meet our sensing needs.
- Optimize sensors for our applications.
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or five years experience
- Excellent engineering fundamentals
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience with cameras and camera systems including optics
- Experience with IMUs and other environmental sensors.
- Experience with a major SOC from Qualcomm, Mediatek, NVidia, Ambarella, etc.
- Experience with RTOS systems on ARM Cortex MCUs
- Able to bring up and evaluate sensor hardware in the lab from both a hardware and software perspective
- Familiarity with interconnect such as I2C, SPI, PCie, CSI
- Experience with C++ 14 & 17.
- Experience with LIDAR and/or RADAR is a plus
- Familiarity with computer vision algorithms; deep experience with computer vision algorithms is a plus.
- Experience with camera calibration is a plus
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.