Our mission at Cavnue is to build the world’s most advanced roads, that are safer, offer greater throughput, improve access to affordable and high-quality public transit and shared mobility, and enable more efficient movement of goods. You will lead the firmware engineer team and work alongside hardware teams in other disciplines (electrical, mechanical, optical, sensor, etc.) to design the sensors, actuators and networks for the roadside infrastructure. Your team will have to work closely with our software and perception teams so we can use the technology to stand up a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you like writing high quality firmware, deploying systems in the real world, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and building teams, we want you to come join our team.
- Be the technical lead and manager of a team of software and firmware engineers
- Participate in system architecture definition and design execution
- Lead all firmware design, validation and verification activities
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specifications, procedures, and documentation required
- Support functional safety activities, and DFMEA
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or ten years of experience
- Excellent coding, architecture and debugging skills
- Experience with processor architecture and digital circuit design
- Experience with camera sensors and camera sensor interconnect such as CSI
- Experience with a major SOC from Qualcomm, Mediatek, NVidia, Ambarella, etc.
- Familiarity with interconnect such as I2C, SPI, PCie
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle
- Experience implementing Agile software development processes and tests to drive release management
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) using Google Test or similar tools.
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration tools (Circle CI, Jenkins, etc)
- Proficiency with test equipment, including: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG tools, etc
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience with C++ 14 & 17.
- Experience with RTOS systems on ARM Cortex MCUs
- Experience with Linux and/or V4L.
- Experience with Go or Rust is a plus.
- Experience with LIDAR and/or RADAR is a plus
- Experience with L2+ autonomous vehicle systems is a plus.
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.