Our mission at Cavnue is to build the world’s most advanced roads, that are safer, offer greater throughput, improve access to affordable and high-quality public transit and shared mobility, and enable more efficient movement of goods. You will lead the mechanical engineering team and work alongside hardware teams in other disciplines (electrical, optical, sensor, firmware, etc.) to design the sensors, actuators and networks for the roadside infrastructure. Your team will have to work closely with our software and perception teams so we can use the technology to stand up a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you like deploying systems in the real world, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and building teams, we want you to come join our team.
- Be the technical lead and manager of a team of mechanical engineers
- Participate in system architecture definition, component selection, and design execution
- Lead all mechanical design, validation and verification activities
- Design, analyze, and verify mechanical performance to meet thermal, power dissipation, vibration, shock, environmental, mechanical stress, size, compliance, and reliability
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specifications, procedures, and documentation required for integrating modules, subsystems and assemblies into our sensor and actuator suite as required by our deployments
- Support functional safety activities, worst case circuit analysis, and DFMEA
- Support and perform reliability testing, hardware verification and validation
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field or ten years of experience
- Experience leading and driving design development including design, drawings, tolerancing, design for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with finite element analysis and computation fluid dynamics
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle
- Experience in the validation and verification of electro-mechanical hardware systems
- Experience with design for harsh environments
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience with cameras, LIDAR and/or RADAR is a plus
- Experience designing to automotive or military standards is a plus
- Experience with L2+ autonomous vehicle hardware is a plus.
- Experience with civil engineering or civil engineering projects is a plus.
- Experience with failure analysis is a plus.
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.