Cavnue is seeking a Head of People to lead our Talent organization. You will lead a the team responsible for attracting, retaining, and developing outstanding people to fuel Cavnue's growth.
The Head of People formulates, leads and drives all aspects of Cavnue’s human resources philosophy and operations that will attract, retain and develop a world class workforce and allow Cavnue to succeed on its mission. We are seeking a polished, energetic and experienced human resources executive who possesses the intellectual capacity to conceptualize and build a successful strategic vision for an early stage company, but also possesses significant, validated experience in driving operational human resource execution in prior roles, ideally through technology, innovation and analytics.
This role will serve as an advisor, bridge builder, strategic leader and partner, enabling executives across our company to achieve our commitments and responsibilities to all of our various clients, partners and employees, which will include both public and private entities as well as political figures and governmental organizations. This position requires a leader that is a terrific communicator, engaging, thoughtful and, given our early stage status, unafraid to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where initiatives can change rapidly or challenges can arise suddenly. The ideal candidate will bring a sophisticated approach to developing an enduring culture and possess experience with complex programs and multi-discipline work environments.
Specifically, the Head of People will:
- Design a comprehensive strategy and effective systems that will attract, onboard, retain, and develop a skilled, diverse, and engaged workforce that distinguishes Cavnue as a premier employer in a competitive market for talent;
- Lead the development, implementation and communication of the systems, policies and processes that will allow Cavnue to manage its distributed workforce;
- Assume responsibility for securing and managing the operational infrastructure required to maintain personnel operations across various time zones and projects, including potentially internationally;
- Ensure that workforce development plans equip Cavnue to meet short and long-term strategic goals;
- Develop compensation policies and practices, performance management systems, employee benefit programs and services that attract and retain personnel while considering Cavnue’s financial obligations;
- Manage the development, sourcing, and execution of professional development offerings for Cavnue personnel to encourage professional growth, succession planning, engagement, and employee loyalty;
- Build and promote a system-wide culture characterized by a strong sense of mission, that is committed to the provision of quality customer service, executional excellence and personal accountability.
Essential duties / functions for the role include:
- Ensuring that personnel practices are consistent with current professional standards, and with the mission, vision, and values of Cavnue
- Consulting with and advising executive team colleagues on all personnel-related issues
- Demonstrating a positive management style that promotes and supports innovative approaches to quality and performance management
- Positioning Cavnue as an employer of choice, both internally and externally, through culture building, employee engagement, and professional development
- Developing policies / procedures that promote best practices and are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and the standards of regulatory agencies
- Directing and conducting recruitment, hiring, and training of employees
- Directing, supervising, and evaluating work activities of subordinate employees and applicable vendors
- Establishing objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for managing talent
The position reports to the Senior Vice President + General Counsel, with a dotted line to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Masters’ degree from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of diverse human resource experience with progressively responsible management positions
This position provides competitive compensation and benefits package, appropriate to the position's scope, stature, and level of responsibility.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.