Our mission at Cavnue is to build the world’s most advanced roads, that are safer, offer greater throughput, improve access to affordable and high-quality public transit and shared mobility, and enable more efficient movement of goods. You will lead teams of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, optical engineers, sensor engineers and firmware engineers to design the sensors, actuators and networks for the roadside infrastructure. Your team will work closely with our software and perception teams so we can use the technology to stand up a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you like deploying systems in the real world, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and building teams, we want you to come join our team.
- Be the technical lead and manager of a team of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and firmware engineers
- Participate in system architecture definition, component selection, and design execution
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specifications, procedures, and documentation required for integrating modules, subsystems and assemblies into our sensor and actuator suite as required by our deployments
- Support automotive functional safety activities, worst case circuit analysis, and DFMEA
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field or ten years of experience.
- Experience leading and driving design development for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle
- Experience in the validation and verification of electro-mechanical hardware systems
- Experience with design for harsh environments
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience with cameras, LIDAR or RADAR.
- Experience designing to automotive or military standards is a plus
- Experience with L2+ autonomous vehicle hardware is a plus.
- Experience with civil engineering or civil engineering projects is a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.